-   -   XY Scatter Pivot Chart in Excel 2000 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/120044-xy-scatter-pivot-chart-excel-2000-a.html)

ew_jammer

XY Scatter Pivot Chart in Excel 2000

Hello,

I am running Excel 2000.
I'm just learning to use Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts so bear with me.
I get an error when I try to set my Pivot Chart to XY Scatter.
It says: "You cannot use an XY (Scatter), Bubble, or Stock chart type with a
chart that has been created from Pivot Table data. Please select a different
chart."
Is XY (Scatter) available for Pivot Charts in a newer version of Excel?
I saw XY (Scatter) chart types are permitted in Access 2003. Access 2003
even provides a list of available charts.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...CH062526661033

Thanks for the help.

Marcus

Debra Dalgleish

XY Scatter Pivot Chart in Excel 2000

You can't create an XY chart from a pivot table in Excel 2007 either.
You could create a normal chart, based on the pivot table, and make it
an XY chart.

On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal
chart from pivot data:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Jon Peltier

XY Scatter Pivot Chart in Excel 2000

And there is more information in this article:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions