-   -   Custom functions not updating when dependant cells are edited (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/120006-custom-functions-not-updating-when-dependant-cells-edited.html)

Hamish

Custom functions not updating when dependant cells are edited

Hi

I have a problem where I use a custom function that analyses data in other
cells. When the contents of the other cells are edited the cell that uses the
custom function does not automatically update. The only way that it updates
is if you click on the cell then click on the function and click enter again.

Is there a way that the result of the cell with the custom function can
automatically update when the other cells are edited?

Thanks

PapaDos

Custom functions not updating when dependant cells are edited

The best way is to pass the "other cells" range as an argument to the function.

Another way is to make that function "volatile" by adding this line to it:
application.volatile
But it will recalculate at EVERY change made to the workbook...
Luc.

"Festina Lente"