-   -   Can I recover a file no longer in the Recycle Bin? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/119700-can-i-recover-file-no-longer-recycle-bin.html)

Erlanger

Can I recover a file no longer in the Recycle Bin?

I am trying to recover 5 files that I had in Excel. I did not delete them,
but they have been deleted from my Documents and from the Recycle Bin. I did
not clean out the Recycle Bib, but it is empty. I should have been more
careful in back up the files.

Jim Cone

Can I recover a file no longer in the Recycle Bin?

Immediately stop any work on/with your computer.
Download | purchase | acquire a file restoration utility and cross your fingers...
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html is one that is free.
I cannot vouch for it.
Good luck.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Erlanger"
wrote in message
I am trying to recover 5 files that I had in Excel. I did not delete them,
but they have been deleted from my Documents and from the Recycle Bin. I did
not clean out the Recycle Bib, but it is empty. I should have been more
careful in back up the files.

Gord Dibben

Can I recover a file no longer in the Recycle Bin?

If you did not delete them but they were deleted from My Documents and the
Recycle Bin where do you think they went?

Did someone else delete them?

Did you save them to another folder?

Did you overwrite them with new names?

Have you done a file search for them?