-   -   I can't enter CSE functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11963-i-cant-enter-cse-functions.html)

Andreas

I can't enter CSE functions

I have a really strange Excel problem. I've been using CSE functions
for years without problems, but suddenly I can't enter them anymore.
When I type CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER nothing happens. It's like it doesn't
even know that I'm hitting the keys.

The CSE formula works fine on other computers that I've tried but not
mine. I thought that it might be a dirty keyboard so I swapped to 3
different keyboards with no success. I can enter other CTRL+SHIFT
functions (like CTRL+SHIFT+F) without problems. I thought that it
might be some Excel registry setting that was changed so I did a system
restore and that didn't help either.

Any ideas? I'm going nuts over this one.
Andreas

Dave Peterson

I've seen keyboards that have keys that stick. Have you tried gently banging on
the control, shift and enter keys?

(I'd try swapping keyboards before reloading software with a problem like this.)

And a wild guess.

Some versions of windows allow you to set Accessibility options. Maybe you did
something by mistake.

In win98, I can get to this via:
windows start button|settings|control panel|accessibility options applet.

And one more crazy idea: Some keyboards are programmable. Any chance your cat
walked over the keyboard and programmed it?

--

Dave Peterson

Andreas

I found the problem. I recently installed a wallpaper changing
software installed called Winwall. This program uses CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
as a hotkey to change the background wallpaper. I closed this
application and everything works great now.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Andreas

Dave Peterson

Thanks for posting back with the solution.

Now google knows about it!