-   -   Fill an Indirect Statement (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/119504-fill-indirect-statement.html)

Fill an Indirect Statement

I need to add Indirect to 5000 rows of formula. So, with the following
formula, how can I get it to fill with the correct cell references(T2 becomes
T3 and Z2 becomes Z3 and so on down the column)?
=SUM(INDIRECT("Allocate!T2")+INDIRECT("Allocate!Z2 "))

Bob Phillips

Fill an Indirect Statement

=SUM(INDIRECT("Allocate!T"&ROW(A2))+INDIRECT("Allo cate!Z"&ROW(A2)))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"D" wrote in message
I need to add Indirect to 5000 rows of formula. So, with the following
formula, how can I get it to fill with the correct cell references(T2

becomes
T3 and Z2 becomes Z3 and so on down the column)?
=SUM(INDIRECT("Allocate!T2")+INDIRECT("Allocate!Z2 "))

Fill an Indirect Statement

Thank you for your response but this didn't seem to work. I have tried wild
cards in find and replace but have been unable to get that to work either.
Any other suggestions?

"D" wrote in message
I need to add Indirect to 5000 rows of formula. So, with the following
formula, how can I get it to fill with the correct cell references(T2

becomes
T3 and Z2 becomes Z3 and so on down the column)?
=SUM(INDIRECT("Allocate!T2")+INDIRECT("Allocate!Z2 "))

Fill an Indirect Statement

Yes, it did work! So SORRY!! Not quite sure why it works but it does and
that makes this project so much easier.

"D" wrote in message
I need to add Indirect to 5000 rows of formula. So, with the following
formula, how can I get it to fill with the correct cell references(T2

becomes
T3 and Z2 becomes Z3 and so on down the column)?
=SUM(INDIRECT("Allocate!T2")+INDIRECT("Allocate!Z2 "))

Jim Thomlinson

Fill an Indirect Statement

One thing to note is that indirect is volatile meaning that this formula will
recalculate with every calculation in XL. This could will be a fairly large
performance hit and things may respond quite slowly...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson