-   -   Merging between word & excel my numbers not rounding correctly (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/119480-merging-between-word-excel-my-numbers-not-rounding-correctly.html)

Kristel

Merging between word & excel my numbers not rounding correctly

I have a document in Word that I am using a spreadsheet in Excel to populate.
But, although I have the numbers in my Excel spreadsheet set up to round to
four places, when it merges that cell to Word, it is giving it 10 places.

Niek Otten

Merging between word & excel my numbers not rounding correctly

You are probably not rounding, but formatting to 4 decimal places. Formatting keeps the complete accuracy and that's what gets
transferred to Word.
One way: use =TEXT(YourNumber,"#,##0.0000") or a similar format. That makes it text (as the name suggests) and will be transferred
as such to Word.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Kristel" wrote in message ...
|I have a document in Word that I am using a spreadsheet in Excel to populate.
| But, although I have the numbers in my Excel spreadsheet set up to round to
| four places, when it merges that cell to Word, it is giving it 10 places.

janice

Merging between word & excel my numbers not rounding correctly

I have tried this in my spreadsheet but it is picking up the numbers as 0 in
the letter, when I open 'Mail Merge Recipients', it shows the amount as 0.
What other options can you suggest?
Thanks,
Janice