Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting a column from the last letter or 2 letters of a part numbe

Anyone have any ideas on how to sort a column from the last letter or two
letters of a part number rather than the first. Sounds crazy, but it would
save me hours of work monthly if I could figure this one out.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use a helper column that uses a formula like =RIGHT(B2,2) to contain the
last two characters, and sort on this column.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Brian Denny" <Brian wrote in message
Anyone have any ideas on how to sort a column from the last letter or two
letters of a part number rather than the first. Sounds crazy, but it
would
save me hours of work monthly if I could figure this one out.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try extracting the last letter or letters to another column, e.g. if your
data is in column A then use this formula in B1 to extract last two letters
and copy down

=RIGHT(A1,2)

then sort both columns based on column B