-   -   Date Time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/119385-date-time.html)

tankerman

Date Time

I have several cells that different Date and Time have to be entered by
several different people, my problem is that I can not seem to get everyone
to enter the date and time the same way, some of them will put the date first
and some the date second, some use dashes and some backslashes and so on. How
can I set the cell to show something like _ _ /_ _/_ _ _ _ _ _ : _ _ . I
have this format in my ACCESS but how do I get it in EXCEL.

FloMM2

Date Time

tankerman,
I selected- Format, Cells, Date
Select 3/14/01 13:30.
When I entered a time then date, it put it in the way I selected it.
So you will have to copy the format to all the cells that you want
the date and time the way you need for Access.
HTH
:-)

"tankerman" wrote:

I have several cells that different Date and Time have to be entered by
several different people, my problem is that I can not seem to get everyone
to enter the date and time the same way, some of them will put the date first
and some the date second, some use dashes and some backslashes and so on. How
can I set the cell to show something like _ _ /_ _/_ _ _ _ _ _ : _ _ . I
have this format in my ACCESS but how do I get it in EXCEL.

Rookie 1st class

Date Time

Custom Format
mm/dd/yyyy HH:mm
the HH: makes it 24 hour clock, hh: AM or PM.

it will need to be pasted in cell then filled down for entire column.

hth
Lou