-   -   Linking workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/119181-linking-workbooks.html)

ajay

Linking workbooks

Morning All
Can I link a cell on one worksheet to a particular sheet within another
workbook?

I have tried using hyperlink but it just takes me to the index page each
time not a specific sheet.
TIA
Ajay

Dave Peterson

Linking workbooks

Select the "sending" cell
edit|copy

Select the receiving cell
Edit|Paste Special|click Paste Link

You'll see a formula like:
=Sheet2!A1

This formula will return a 0 if that sending cell is empty.

You can modify the formula to make it look blank by using something like:
=if(sheet2!a1="","",sheet2!a1)

--

Dave Peterson