-   -   In SUM cells the # sign keeps showing instead of total (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1191-sum-cells-sign-keeps-showing-instead-total.html)

fyremunki

In SUM cells the # sign keeps showing instead of total

AYE! my head...

i'm sure it is simple, but i cannot get the SUM cells to show the currency
amount. instead, the cells keep showing ####### after i enter the formula.
can anyone advise me in how to stop this from happening? what's more
annoying is that one SUM cell IS working properly. what have i done?

thank you!
frustrated student

Peo Sjoblom

Widen the cell size

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"fyremunki" wrote:

AYE! my head...

i'm sure it is simple, but i cannot get the SUM cells to show the currency
amount. instead, the cells keep showing ####### after i enter the formula.
can anyone advise me in how to stop this from happening? what's more
annoying is that one SUM cell IS working properly. what have i done?

thank you!
frustrated student

tjtjjtjt

Your column is probably too narrow to display the numbers.
If your formula is in Column C, go up to the letter C that names the column.
Directly to the right of it, before Column D, is a Line. Move your mouse
pointer over that line and Double-Click.
Alternatively, click on the cell with the formula. Then, go to Format |
Column | Width, and set a bigger value than the one that is there already.

tj

"fyremunki" wrote:

AYE! my head...

i'm sure it is simple, but i cannot get the SUM cells to show the currency
amount. instead, the cells keep showing ####### after i enter the formula.
can anyone advise me in how to stop this from happening? what's more
annoying is that one SUM cell IS working properly. what have i done?

thank you!
frustrated student

fyremunki

thank you thank you! now i feel quite intelligent! :)