-   -   Displaying how many results in a vlookup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/119025-displaying-how-many-results-vlookup.html)

Danhalawi

Displaying how many results in a vlookup

Hiya,

How would I display how many results vlookup gets based on a number of items.

So I want to look up A in table C but A is in table c 20 times so I want the
vlookup to count and display how many times A is found

Ardus Petus

Displaying how many results in a vlookup

VLOOKUP will always return one item.
To get the number of matching items:

=COUNTIF(C:C,A1)

Cheers,