-   -   Undo Menu is Automatically Cleared (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/118952-undo-menu-automatically-cleared.html)

jtarbell

Undo Menu is Automatically Cleared

I am running Excel 2002. When I stop working in Excel for even a short
period of time (less than 5 minutes) when I return to Excel, I no longer can
Undo anything. It is as if I had hit the "Save" button, which has always
cleared out the Undo menu for me. If I am continually working in Excel, the
undo menu will be available as long as I am working (far longer than 5
minutes at times0. I know the "Auto-Recover" feature is turned on, but
believe this is not the same thing as hitting "Save". Any ideas as to what
is happening

Dave Peterson

Undo Menu is Automatically Cleared

Try turning off the autorecovery option to test your theory.

--

Dave Peterson