-   -   Data validation boxes, outputting a final number from the boxes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/118943-data-validation-boxes-outputting-final-number-boxes.html)

MDH

Data validation boxes, outputting a final number from the boxes

Heres the problem:
I have multiple steps to my drop down boxes. I'm using the data validation
method of linking the boxes, but the last one i would like it to come up with
a given price for my product, other than using a huge 'IF' statement, how can
i use the information that was just selected in the drop down boxes to get
me to that end price?? As an example if i had 5 car comapines, then each
company has 5 models, and each model has 3 engine choices, how do i end up
with the price for that specific make/model/engine??? My actaul use for
spreadsheet has way more than just a few options under each box.
Any help would be more than greatly appriciated!!
Thank you.

Debra Dalgleish

Data validation boxes, outputting a final number from the boxes

How would you calculate the prices without dropdown boxes? Is there a
lookup table? If so, how is it structured?

You may be able to use a SUMPRODUCT formula to extract pricing from a
table. There's a simple example he

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...tml#SumProduct

--
Debra Dalgleish