-   -   GENERAL QUESTION - FORMULAS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/118936-general-question-formulas.html)

Tonya

GENERAL QUESTION - FORMULAS

I am setting up a budget and tracking income and expenses on an excel
spreadsheet. I have numerous headings - one for each account. What I am
trying to accomplish is once I enter the account number and the amount, I
want the amount to show up automatically under the heading of the same
account number.
Any help would be appreciated.
THANKS!
--
TP

Brian

GENERAL QUESTION - FORMULAS

Have a look at the Sumif function, the range is the account number column,
the criteria is the account number for totaling and the sum range is your
amounts.

"Tonya" wrote:

I am setting up a budget and tracking income and expenses on an excel
spreadsheet. I have numerous headings - one for each account. What I am
trying to accomplish is once I enter the account number and the amount, I
want the amount to show up automatically under the heading of the same
account number.
Any help would be appreciated.
THANKS!
--
TP

Tonya

GENERAL QUESTION - FORMULAS

It is basically a "general ledger" that I am setting up. Where do I find the
Sumif Function? I am not sure I understand.
--
Thanks,
Tonya

"Tonya" wrote:

I am setting up a budget and tracking income and expenses on an excel
spreadsheet. I have numerous headings - one for each account. What I am
trying to accomplish is once I enter the account number and the amount, I
want the amount to show up automatically under the heading of the same
account number.
Any help would be appreciated.
THANKS!
--
TP

Fred Smith

GENERAL QUESTION - FORMULAS

To answer your question, use HelpSumif.

To give you more direction, general ledger applications are difficult to set up
in Excel. If you are not a knowledgeable user, be prepared for a lot of
frustration.

Much better applications for your purpose are Quicken, Quickbooks or Money.

Fred