-   -   create numbered sortable numbered list in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/118927-create-numbered-sortable-numbered-list-excel.html)

coloradio

create numbered sortable numbered list in excel

Excel changes my numbered list to a date! I try to type 1,1-2,1-3,1-4,1-5...
how do I turn off this feature?

Bernard Liengme

create numbered sortable numbered list in excel

Two options:
a) pre-format the cells as text
b) preface the entry with single quote (apostrophe) which will not be seen
on screen or in print
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"coloradio" wrote in message
Excel changes my numbered list to a date! I try to type
1,1-2,1-3,1-4,1-5...
how do I turn off this feature?

Niek Otten

create numbered sortable numbered list in excel

Format the cells as text *before* you enter the codes

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel