-   -   Viewing Custom Views in a protected worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11883-viewing-custom-views-protected-worksheet.html)

Arkitech

Viewing Custom Views in a protected worksheet

Is it possible to lock a spreadsheet and let others users see custom views
with the worksheet still being password protected?

Dave Peterson

Not that I know about--but I don't use customviews very often (never).

A possible workaround...

Create a macro that is equivalent to each custom view. Add a few buttons from
the forms toolbar and assign a macro to each button.

Your macro could
unprotect the worksheet
show/hide columns/rows
reprotect the workbook