-   -   Help a novice with counting number of records (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/118638-help-novice-counting-number-records.html)

TheBoz

Help a novice with counting number of records

I would like to have the total number of records printed when I print
out the data. The records contain names and addresses only, I would
like to have the number of records I have printed, and this will
change monthly. This should be a simple matter but since I am a novice
with Excel I'm having a hard time doing this. Would some kind soul
please help?

Thanks for your time
TheBoz

David Biddulph

Help a novice with counting number of records

Try the COUNTA() function.
--
David Biddulph

"TheBoz" wrote in message
I would like to have the total number of records printed when I print
out the data. The records contain names and addresses only, I would
like to have the number of records I have printed, and this will
change monthly. This should be a simple matter but since I am a novice
with Excel I'm having a hard time doing this. Would some kind soul
please help?

Thanks for your time
TheBoz

Gord Dibben

Help a novice with counting number of records

TheBoz

You could enter this formula in a cell near the top of your print range of
records.

="There are" & COUNTA(A:A) & " Records"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 17:41:03 -0500, TheBoz wrote:

I would like to have the total number of records printed when I print
out the data. The records contain names and addresses only, I would
like to have the number of records I have printed, and this will
change monthly. This should be a simple matter but since I am a novice
with Excel I'm having a hard time doing this. Would some kind soul
please help?

Thanks for your time
TheBoz

TheBoz

Help a novice with counting number of records

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:54:57 -0000, "David Biddulph"
wrote:

Try the COUNTA() function.

This worked for me. I didn't know what to put in the () but I kept
trying until I got it.

Once again thanks
TheBoz