-   -   assigning class standing based on grade (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/118512-assigning-class-standing-based-grade.html)

Christopher

assigning class standing based on grade

I have a column that contains students grades as a percentage. I want to
have another column that shows their class standing based on that percentage.

CLR

assigning class standing based on grade

=RANK(A1,A1:A10) and copy down.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Christopher" wrote in message
I have a column that contains students grades as a percentage. I want to
have another column that shows their class standing based on that

percentage.

Jon Peltier

assigning class standing based on grade

Suppose the percentages are in A2:A20. In B2 enter this formula:

=RANK(A2:$A$2:$A$20)

and fill this down to B20.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Christopher" wrote in message
I have a column that contains students grades as a percentage. I want to
have another column that shows their class standing based on that
percentage.

Rookie 1st class

assigning class standing based on grade

Control Panel Regional and Language Options. Configure short date as you
want and your problem will disappear.
Been there done that
Lou