-   -   HELP- Copying a Data Series to Another Graph??? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11849-help-copying-data-series-another-graph.html)

phil6666

HELP- Copying a Data Series to Another Graph???

Hi-

I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of XY (Scatter) graphs.

When I add a new data series to one graph, it is defined by 3 values
(Name, X Value and Y Value)

If I want to add this data series to 7 or 8 add'l graphs, I know that
I can copy/paste these 3 values to each of them.

Is there a simpler way to accomplish this?

thnx

Jon Peltier

Phil -

Select the series, then copy the series formula in the formula bar; the
series formula holds your three values, plus a fourth, the plot order
(and a fifth, bubble sizes, if it's from a bubble chart). Select another
chart's plot area (this is important: select the box defined on the left
and bottom by the axes, or it won't work), click in the formula bar,
paste in the formula you copied, change the plot order parameter if
desired, and press Enter.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP