-   -   varying validation info based on preceding info (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/118220-varying-validation-info-based-preceding-info.html)

georgejl

varying validation info based on preceding info

want to create a drop down list where the info varies based from previous
input. For example I have a cylinder that varies in bore size, i select that
size from a drop down using validation. Next I need to select rod size from
a drop down, the problem is the rod sized vary depending on the bore of the
cylinder.

Biff

varying validation info based on preceding info

You want to use dependent drop down lists. See this for an idea:

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

Biff