-   -   Y-axis labels (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/118216-y-axis-labels.html)

Carolyn

Y-axis labels

I am creating a line chart based on 3 columns of data -- name, date and
location. Date is to go on the x-axis and location on the y-axis. However,
on the y-axis an amount appears whether than the location name. Is there a
way to get it to show the location name?

Carolyn

Jon Peltier

Y-axis labels

In a line chart, the Y axis (the vertical axis) is a value axis. How would
the location be plotted otherwise? I suppose you could use some kind of
code, 1 = Location A, 2 = Location B, etc., plot the numbers, then use some
technique to show the text labels instead:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DotPlot.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Carolyn" wrote in message
I am creating a line chart based on 3 columns of data -- name, date and
location. Date is to go on the x-axis and location on the y-axis.
However,
on the y-axis an amount appears whether than the location name. Is there
way to get it to show the location name?

Carolyn

Carolyn

Y-axis labels

Jon:

Were those your Gantt charts on the web I was viewing? If so, thank you and
many thanks for this response.

Carolyn