-   -   How do change a column of data in capitol letters to small letters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/118135-how-do-change-column-data-capitol-letters-small-letters.html)

Barb P.

How do change a column of data in capitol letters to small letters

Is there a way to highlight a column of data that is in capitol letters and
change to small letters?

Gary Rowe

How do change a column of data in capitol letters to small letters

use the fuinction =lower(range) to change to lower case.

"Barb P." wrote:

Is there a way to highlight a column of data that is in capitol letters and
change to small letters?

Barb P.

How do change a column of data in capitol letters to small let

I'm sorry can you be more explicit? Do I highlight the column? Do I simply
type, =lower(D3:D200) ????? UGH!

"Barb P." wrote:

Is there a way to highlight a column of data that is in capitol letters and
change to small letters?

Gord Dibben

How do change a column of data in capitol letters to small letters

Assuming the column is A

In B1 enter =LOWER(A1)

Double-click on B1 fill handle to copy down.

When happy with results, select column B and copypaste special(in
place)valuesOKEsc

Delete column A

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 06:13:01 -0800, Barb P. <Barb
wrote:

Is there a way to highlight a column of data that is in capitol letters and
change to small letters?

Gord Dibben

How do change a column of data in capitol letters to small let

Must be done one cell at a time.

See my response to first post.

Or with a macro you can change a range in place without the helper column.

If you would like a macro, post back.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Barb P." wrote:

Is there a way to highlight a column of data that is in capitol letters and
change to small letters?

Barb P.

How do change a column of data in capitol letters to small let

Thank you, I will work on it!!!!!!

wrote:

Is there a way to highlight a column of data that is in capitol letters and
change to small letters?

Tanya V.

How do change a column of data in capitol letters to small let

Gord, I just read your post and the information was a life saver! Well,
maybe it didn't save my life but definitely hours and hours of my time!

Thank you!