-   -   sorting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/118021-sorting.html)

Proto

sorting

I have a problem with sorting that when I sort my spreadsheet two columns do
not sort correctly one contains a workdays formula and the other a countif.
The formulas work fine and there is no other problem or conflict. In the
worksheet there is a workday formula that sorts just fine. What am I
forgetting?

RagDyeR

sorting

Your formulas are probably changing cell references as they sort, so, if you
can, try replacing relative references with absolute references.
--
HTH,

RD

"Proto" wrote in message
I have a problem with sorting that when I sort my spreadsheet two columns
do
not sort correctly one contains a workdays formula and the other a
countif.
The formulas work fine and there is no other problem or conflict. In the
worksheet there is a workday formula that sorts just fine. What am I
forgetting?

CLR

sorting

Perhaps you have an empty column somewhere in your Data Field........Excel
won't skip-over a blank column.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Proto" wrote:

I have a problem with sorting that when I sort my spreadsheet two columns do
not sort correctly one contains a workdays formula and the other a countif.
The formulas work fine and there is no other problem or conflict. In the
worksheet there is a workday formula that sorts just fine. What am I
forgetting?

Proto

sorting

Thanks, I checked all the columns and there are no skips

"Proto" wrote:

I have a problem with sorting that when I sort my spreadsheet two columns do
not sort correctly one contains a workdays formula and the other a countif.
The formulas work fine and there is no other problem or conflict. In the
worksheet there is a workday formula that sorts just fine. What am I
forgetting?

Proto

sorting

You may be on to something, my problem is that I am referencing dates, the
first one is a variable date and the other is fixed.
This is the formula
=NETWORKDAYS('Nov. 06 Roll'!E34,('Nov. 06 Roll'!$AH$2),Lists!$A$54:$A$73)
This column is a problem and then the next however the 3rd coulmn over works
again just fine on the sort so it is not like an empty coulmn