-   -   Cannot open two excel windows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/118019-cannot-open-two-excel-windows.html)

grok

Cannot open two excel windows

I used to be able to open two or more excel windows but now that I started
using macros I can no longer open separate windows. Everything shares the
same window. I guess this is due to the mysteries of PERSONAL.XLS but is
there any way to get back to being able to open separate windows?

Bernard Liengme

Cannot open two excel windows

Not clear what is needed. Try
1) Tools | Options; open View tab and check Windows in Taskbars
or
2) Windows | Arrange - tiled, etc

Or tell us what exactly is meant by "to be able to open two or more excel
windows"
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"grok" wrote in message
I used to be able to open two or more excel windows but now that I started
using macros I can no longer open separate windows. Everything shares the
same window. I guess this is due to the mysteries of PERSONAL.XLS but is
there any way to get back to being able to open separate windows?

grok

Cannot open two excel windows

Thanks for replying, Bernard. Please see below:

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Not clear what is needed. Try
1) Tools | Options; open View tab and check Windows in Taskbars

I already had this checked and I see two excel tasks in the taskbar. But
clicking on either of them just changes what is in the one excel window.

or
2) Windows | Arrange - tiled, etc

The Tiled box was also checked. But I noticed a "Windows of active
workbook" box and checked it and that appears to have fixed my problem.
Thanks.

"grok" wrote in message
I used to be able to open two or more excel windows but now that I started
using macros I can no longer open separate windows. Everything shares the
same window. I guess this is due to the mysteries of PERSONAL.XLS but is
there any way to get back to being able to open separate windows?

grok

Cannot open two excel windows

It doesn't exactly work. Now I get two windows inside one and can manuver
them side-by-side like I want but what I really want is two windows. I
should point out that these are .csv files and I'm opening them by clicking
on them in Windows explorer.

"grok" wrote in message
I used to be able to open two or more excel windows but now that I started
using macros I can no longer open separate windows. Everything shares the
same window. I guess this is due to the mysteries of PERSONAL.XLS but is
there any way to get back to being able to open separate windows?

Jonah

Cannot open two excel windows

Open one of the files via Explorer.

Now open EXCEL the application and load the seconf file into there.

Now resize the Window panes.

Jonah
grok wrote:

It doesn't exactly work. Now I get two windows inside one and can manuver
them side-by-side like I want but what I really want is two windows. I
should point out that these are .csv files and I'm opening them by clicking
on them in Windows explorer.

grok

Cannot open two excel windows

Jonah, that doesn't help. It just puts me back into sharing the same window
with two spreadsheets.