-   -   format a cell with a formula so an empty reference cell shows blan (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/117837-format-cell-formula-so-empty-reference-cell-shows-blan.html)

M2

format a cell with a formula so an empty reference cell shows blan

I'm using the WORKDAY function. My formula is =WORKDAY(A1,10) to add 10
working days after the date an order is entered to show the due date. How do
I keep the cells showing up blank until an order date is entered?

Thank you,

David Biddulph

format a cell with a formula so an empty reference cell shows blan

=IF(A1="","",WORKDAY(A1,10))
--
David Biddulph

"M2" wrote in message
I'm using the WORKDAY function. My formula is =WORKDAY(A1,10) to add 10
working days after the date an order is entered to show the due date. How
do
I keep the cells showing up blank until an order date is entered?

Thank you,

MyVeryOwnSelf

format a cell with a formula so an empty reference cell shows blan

I'm using the WORKDAY function. My formula is =WORKDAY(A1,10) to add
10 working days after the date an order is entered to show the due
date. How do I keep the cells showing up blank until an order date is
entered?

One way:
=IF(A1="","",WORKDAY(A1,10))

Otto Moehrbach

format a cell with a formula so an empty reference cell shows blan

If (A1="",''",your formula)
HTH Otto