-   -   Linking a form to a spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/117739-linking-form-spreadsheet.html)

Matt-Sheff,UK

Linking a form to a spreadsheet

I want to send out an excel form for completion by users, then have it
returned, but have a quick way of transferring the answers from the form into
a columnar spreadsheet, is this possible with a macro button or something.

Carole O

Linking a form to a spreadsheet

Hi, Matt -

One way of doing what you want is to use a row on the form to gather the
information as the user completes the form. I.E. Insert a new row 1. In
cell A1 enter = and click on the cell that contains the user's name.
Continue across the row capturing all the data from the form. Then change
the font in row 1 to white. You'll want to protect that row so the cursor
doesn't land on it. When the user completes the form and sends it back to
you, you can copy and paste it into the next row on your spreadsheet.

Hope this helps,

Carole O