-   -   Excel 2002 : Convert Positive Numbers to Negative Numbers ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/117622-excel-2002-convert-positive-numbers-negative-numbers.html)

Mr. Low

Excel 2002 : Convert Positive Numbers to Negative Numbers ?

Dear Sir,

May I know is there any short cut to convert a large block of positive
number to negative number or vise versa without having to put a negative sign
at each cell for the the entire block (either manually or copying) ?

Thanks
Low

--
A36B58K641

Dave F

Excel 2002 : Convert Positive Numbers to Negative Numbers ?

Put -1 somewhere in the spreadsheet. Copy it, then select the range of cells
you want to change the sign on, paste special, multiply and click OK.

This changes positive values to negative values and negative values to
positive values.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Mr. Low" wrote:

Dear Sir,

May I know is there any short cut to convert a large block of positive
number to negative number or vise versa without having to put a negative sign
at each cell for the the entire block (either manually or copying) ?

Thanks
Low

--
A36B58K641

Mr. Low

Excel 2002 : Convert Positive Numbers to Negative Numbers ?

It works.

Thanks Dave

Low

--