-   -   Automatic Links (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11753-automatic-links.html)

JDT

Automatic Links

I recently copied several pages from an existing workbook to a brand
new work book. Now, every time I open the new workbook I receive the
following message:

'The workbook you opened contains automatic links for information in
another workbook. Do you want to update this workbook with changes
made to the other workbook?

.. To update all linked information, click Yes.
.. to keep the existing information, click No.'

I'm not using the old workbook right now, but it asks me if I want to
update changes I made to the old workbook. Is there any way to keep
this message box from popping up and to make the two workbooks
independent of each other?

Thanks.

Dave Peterson

Some place you have a link to the other workbook. To make them independent,
you'll have to get rid of that link (convert the formula to values??).

If you're having trouble finding those links, you can use Bill Manville's
FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--

Dave Peterson