-   -   Are pictures in headers embedded or linked? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/117527-pictures-headers-embedded-linked.html)

Debbie

Are pictures in headers embedded or linked?

A friend of mine asked:
----------------------------
Can I send an excel sheet to another person with a custom header, which
displays a logo from my Hard Drive? I tried this - and the header
disappears when the client receives it. On my computer in the Header box it
says "&Picture" - which represents the logo I inserted. On the client's
computer the box says "&G" and no logo appears. Weird -
--------------------

It sounds to me as if the logo is a linked object, instead of an embedded
one, but I can't find anything in MS's help files that tell me about it, or
if there's an option to change it. Does anyone know?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Ron de Bruin

Are pictures in headers embedded or linked?

Hi Debbie

It is possible that the the other person have a older Excel version.
2002 and up have this option

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl