-   -   Can an excel cell automatically change fill colors based on values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11732-can-excel-cell-automatically-change-fill-colors-based-values.html)

John Clark

Can an excel cell automatically change fill colors based on values

I'm developing a customer satisfaction index. My question is: Can the fill
color of a cell automatically change to a pre-determined color based on the
cells value.

Example: If the cells value shows an average of 3.5 or greater the cell
fill color would be green.

Thanks for your help. I look forward to your response.

JulieD

Hi John

yes, if you have three or less conditions use Format / Conditional
Formatting.

For more than three you can use VBA.

Please feel free to post back with the conditions and required results if
you would like more assistance.

Regards
JulieD