-   -   Excel loses "Freeze Panes" setting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/117269-excel-loses-freeze-panes-setting.html)

Eric

Excel loses "Freeze Panes" setting

I'm working with a big workbook with multiple sheets. I sometimes need to
view sheets side by side, so I use the normal Window / New Window and Window
/ Arrange functions. However, when I do this, Excel seems to lose the Freeze
Panes formatting within the sheets, and I have to restore it manually. so
the header rows remain visible as I'm scrolling. (Alternatively, I can
manage without the Freeze Panes when I'm viewing multiple windows, but I
still have to restore Freeze Panes when I get out of the "view multiple
windows" mode.)

Is there any way to view multiple sheets without losing the Freeze Panes
settings?

Thanks.

Dave Peterson

Excel loses "Freeze Panes" setting