Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find Highlighted Cells

I have searched in all the discussions but was unable to find out if excel
can find highlighted cells.
Lets say I have a worksheet that has certain cells highlighted based off a
formula. On a seperate worksheet I want some type of If statement, such as
=If('Wkst1'!B9="yellow highlight","Y","N")
Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the cells are highlighted using Conditional Formatting you can find them by
stipulating the same criteria in your formula.

If the cells are highlighted manually you must use a User Defined Function.

See Chip Pearson's site for finding colored cells.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

Read Chip's notes on event changes and also the caveat regarding finding cells
colored by Conditional Formatting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP