-   -   Multiple Conditonal Formats (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/117162-multiple-conditonal-formats.html)

Dave

Multiple Conditonal Formats

I know how to use this in basics, say when the cell equals 1 change
colour to blue. How would you how ether change the colour again in the
same cell if the value was say 3, change it to green and so on?

David Biddulph

Multiple Conditonal Formats

Set up your first condition and associated format, then hit the "Add" button
in the conditional formatting dialogue box.
--
David Biddulph

"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
I know how to use this in basics, say when the cell equals 1 change
colour to blue. How would you how ether change the colour again in the
same cell if the value was say 3, change it to green and so on?

Dave

Multiple Conditonal Formats

Is there anyway you can get more than 3 colours to be displayed in the
cell?

David Biddulph wrote:
Set up your first condition and associated format, then hit the "Add" button
in the conditional formatting dialogue box.
--
David Biddulph

"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
I know how to use this in basics, say when the cell equals 1 change
colour to blue. How would you how ether change the colour again in the
same cell if the value was say 3, change it to green and so on?

Andy Pope

Multiple Conditonal Formats

Hi,

For more CF's see this addin
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

Cheers
Andy

David Biddulph wrote:

Set up your first condition and associated format, then hit the "Add" button
in the conditional formatting dialogue box.
--
David Biddulph

"Dave" wrote in message
groups.com...

I know how to use this in basics, say when the cell equals 1 change
colour to blue. How would you how ether change the colour again in the
same cell if the value was say 3, change it to green and so on?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Dallman Ross

Multiple Conditonal Formats

In .com, Dave
spake thusly:

Is there anyway you can get more than 3 colours to be displayed
in the cell?

Aside from the add-in UDF another poster mentioned, you can actually
have four colors using conditional: you set up the default color
judiciously, and that counts as four (or one). Also, you can
use custom cell formatting (not conditional formatting) to give
certain numbers certain colors -- similar to how Excel already
offers to display negative numbers red as one optional number
format.

-dman-