-   -   Formula?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/116904-formula.html)

[email protected]

Formula??

I need a formula to add up all cells that have a value.

What I have now is tallying all cells that have a value of 1.
{=SUM(IF(D4:T4<"",D4:T4))}
I need anouther formula that adds all cells with any value including the
ones with 0 in the cell.

Example:
Need Add all 1's
value POS YDS 9-Oct 10-Oct 11-Oct 12-Oct 16-Oct 18-
Here Siegle Siegle Sielge Sielge Miller Gregerson
3 1 1 0 1
1 1 0
1 1 0
3 1 1

Sandy

Formula??

Try using =Count(D4:T4), also instead of using an array formula use
=CountIf(D4:T4,1) this will count how many 1 values there are in your
range.

HTH

Sandy

wrote:
I need a formula to add up all cells that have a value.

What I have now is tallying all cells that have a value of 1.
{=SUM(IF(D4:T4<"",D4:T4))}
I need anouther formula that adds all cells with any value including the
ones with 0 in the cell.

Example:
Need Add all 1's
value POS YDS 9-Oct 10-Oct 11-Oct 12-Oct 16-Oct 18-
Here Siegle Siegle Sielge Sielge Miller Gregerson
3 1 1 0 1
1 1 0
1 1 0
3 1 1

Richard Wrigley

Formula??

Do you mean add the content of all cells in given range (adding '0 s' to
your sum would not change it) , or to count all the cells in the range - if
the latter why not use the cell range and multiply number of rows by number
of columns ?

--
Richard.

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in
the right way, did not become still more complicated"
Poul Anderson