-   -   Problems with adding on spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/116808-problems-adding-spreadsheet.html)

Carol

Problems with adding on spreadsheet

I have a spreadsheet that I need to keep adding to and when I put in more
figures it does not add them into totals even though the sum range is correct
has anyone any idess

Niek Otten

Problems with adding on spreadsheet

Check ToolsOptionsCalculation tab; is calculation set to Automatic?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Carol" wrote in message ...
|I have a spreadsheet that I need to keep adding to and when I put in more
| figures it does not add them into totals even though the sum range is correct
| has anyone any idess

Gord Dibben

Problems with adding on spreadsheet

Carol

In addition to checking auto-calc settings is it possible that you are entering
numbers in cells that are pre-formatted as text?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP