-   -   "Print Selection" doesn't print beyond automatic page breaks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/116656-print-selection-doesnt-print-beyond-automatic-page-breaks.html)

Andre

"Print Selection" doesn't print beyond automatic page breaks

If I try to highlight a portion of a spreadsheet and print that selection,
only the top portion that is above the "automatic" page break will print.

I know I can select my highlighted portion as the print area, but is their a
way to disable Excel and print any selection I want even if it is beyond a
page break?

Rookie 1st class

"Print Selection" doesn't print beyond automatic page breaks

Have you tried €śFile€ť, €śPrint€ť, €śSelection€ť ?
Lou

"Andre" wrote:

If I try to highlight a portion of a spreadsheet and print that selection,
only the top portion that is above the "automatic" page break will print.

I know I can select my highlighted portion as the print area, but is their a
way to disable Excel and print any selection I want even if it is beyond a
page break?

Andre

"Print Selection" doesn't print beyond automatic page breaks

I guess I wasn't clear. That is my problem...I selected print selection from
the print window, and only the information above the page break gets printed.
If I have one line of data and thirty lines below the page break (all
highlighted) only the line above the page break will print using "print
selection"

"Andre" wrote:

If I try to highlight a portion of a spreadsheet and print that selection,
only the top portion that is above the "automatic" page break will print.

I know I can select my highlighted portion as the print area, but is their a
way to disable Excel and print any selection I want even if it is beyond a
page break?

James Silverton

"Print Selection" doesn't print beyond automatic page breaks

Hello, Andre!
You wrote on Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:21:04 -0800:

A "Rookie 1st class" wrote:

?? Have you tried €śFile€ť, €śPrint€ť, €śSelection€ť ?
?? Lou
??
?? "Andre" wrote:
??
?? If I try to highlight a portion of a spreadsheet and
?? print that selection, only the top portion that is above
?? the "automatic" page break will print.
??
?? I know I can select my highlighted portion as the print
?? area, but is their a way to disable Excel and print any
?? selection I want even if it is beyond a page break?

I just tried Print Selection in Office XP both from Word and
Excel and the selected area does print tho' the page breaks are
active. I guess you must have something else making things
deviate from standard behavior.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: