-   -   Apply Sumprod on mix text & numbers arrays (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/116600-apply-sumprod-mix-text-numbers-arrays.html)

Nir

Apply Sumprod on mix text & numbers arrays

Hi,
I want to apply sumproduct on mixed text & numbers arrays, expecting result
only when valid multipluy occurs

{1,a,3,1,b},{2,2,1,c,1}={4}

Nir

Apply Sumproduct on mix text & numbers arrays

"Nir" wrote:

Hi,
I want to apply sumproduct on mixed text & numbers arrays, expecting result
only when valid multipluy occurs

{1,a,3,1,b},{2,2,1,c,1}={4}

JMB

Apply Sumprod on mix text & numbers arrays

=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:A5*B1:B5),A1:A5*B1:B5))

array entered with Cntrl+Shift+Enter

"Nir" wrote:

Hi,
I want to apply sumproduct on mixed text & numbers arrays, expecting result
only when valid multipluy occurs

{1,a,3,1,b},{2,2,1,c,1}={4}

Bob Phillips

Apply Sumprod on mix text & numbers arrays

=SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5,B1:B5)

works fine, but gives 5 not 4.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Nir" wrote in message
I want to apply sumproduct on mixed text & numbers arrays, expecting

result
only when valid multipluy occurs

{1,a,3,1,b},{2,2,1,c,1}={4}

JMB

Apply Sumprod on mix text & numbers arrays

I got 5 too, but worked harder for it. Forgot sumproduct treats non-numeric
as 0. Thanks for the reminder.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5,B1:B5)

works fine, but gives 5 not 4.