-   -   How can I footnote a particular cell in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1164-how-can-i-footnote-particular-cell-excel.html)

reedroger

How can I footnote a particular cell in Excel?

Is there any way to attach a footnote to a cell? If I place it in the cell
with a number my functions won't work. I caould use a comment but I really
don't want to since it clutters the worksheet. I would like to use a simple
footnote annotated in the cell so the note can be printed below the table or
on a separate sheet.

JulieD

you could use custom format
right mouse click on the cell, choose format cells - on the number tab
choose custom
you should see something like "general" in the little white line on the
right hand side of the screen
after this type
"1"
or
"*"
or whatever in " "
and then click OK

Cheers
JulieD

"reedroger" wrote in message
Is there any way to attach a footnote to a cell? If I place it in the
cell
with a number my functions won't work. I caould use a comment but I
really
don't want to since it clutters the worksheet. I would like to use a
simple
footnote annotated in the cell so the note can be printed below the table
or
on a separate sheet.

Frank Kabel

Hi