-   -   Excel and XML (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/116307-excel-xml.html)

lmb5111

Excel and XML

I have a new computer with Excel 2003. The software came preloaded on the
computer. I need to use the XML feature, but cannot find it. It is not in
the Data List. How can I fix this? Someone suggested I may have to install
it from the CDs that came with it. If so, will this override what is already
installed?

David Biddulph

Excel and XML

Do you have the Professional Edition of Office 2003? That's what you need
to get the XML in the Data menu.
--
David Biddulph

"lmb5111" wrote in message
I have a new computer with Excel 2003. The software came preloaded on the
computer. I need to use the XML feature, but cannot find it. It is not
in
the Data List. How can I fix this? Someone suggested I may have to
install
it from the CDs that came with it. If so, will this override what is
already
installed?

lmb5111

Excel and XML

No, I got some Small Business Edition because Professional wasn't offered
when I bought my computer. It came with everything but Access, which I added
myself. Is there a way to upgrade my Excel to that level?