-   -   How can I get rid of a black square block cursor in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/116236-how-can-i-get-rid-black-square-block-cursor-excel.html)

Mark

How can I get rid of a black square block cursor in Excel?

The cursor change from a pointer to a square black block in Excel. There is
also a square black block on the far left of the top menu bar. It makes it
difficult to select a cell and it blacks it out as I pass over it.

I have run McAfee and spyware checks, detecting nothing. This unwanted
cursor style comes up in every file.
Any suggestions?

[email protected]

Mark wrote:
The cursor change from a pointer to a square black block in Excel. There is
also a square black block on the far left of the top menu bar. It makes it
difficult to select a cell and it blacks it out as I pass over it.

I have run McAfee and spyware checks, detecting nothing. This unwanted
cursor style comes up in every file.
Any suggestions?

Mark- ever get this resolved- I have same issue? Also, in all of
Office 2003 I can no longer sort documents by details, only icons. The
Details button is there and active, but does nothing.

Thanks.

Mark

How can I get rid of a black square block cursor in Excel?

Yes, I had the same issue with viewing files.
I reset / restored my computer to an earlier date, about 2-3 weeks prior to
the black cursor first showing up.

It worked for the cursor issue and the file display issue. I then ran
McAfee again.
The problem has not shown up again.

good luck!