-   -   Very Wierd Execl "Memory" problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/116088-very-wierd-execl-memory-problem.html)

Pat

Very Wierd Execl "Memory" problem

This started happenning this morning and seems like a bug. I am pulling data
from dde. The formula looks like this:

='@recombiner!TA_SRV'|LIVEQUOTE!'LIVEQUOTE;1022;10 03={''+CTXKK''}'

I need to copy and paste this formula when I add a new symbol, ie CTXKJ. So
I copy the formula, paste it into a new cell and then change the symbol.
however, I accidently type in the symbol with a lower case final character,
CTXKj. The dde server is case sensitive, so I get a #N/A. Now this is the
wierd part - when I change the last character to an uppercase J, hit enter
and still get the #N/A. I look back into that cell and the j is back in
small caps and no matter where in the workbook that I try to change this
symbol it automatically reverts back to small caps.

What the $#$%@?

David Biddulph

Very Wierd Execl "Memory" problem

Check your autocorrect options.
--
David Biddulph

"pat" wrote in message
[...]

All autocorrect options are disabled

Pat

"pat" wrote:

All autocorrect options are disabled

This happens for all text that I am entering into a cell. Whatever the
cases of each character that I enter the first time, Excel will not let me
change it.