-   -   Merged Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/116031-merged-cells.html)

grok

Merged Cells

I am writing a csv file from a program. When I open it with excel 2003 I'd
like to have some cells merged on certain rows but not on others.

Is there a way that a file can be written in such a way as to contain merge
cell info so that when excel opens it the right rows would have merged cells?

grok

Jim Rech

Merged Cells

Afraid not. In opening a CSV file Excel expects data, separators and end of
line characters, nothing more.

--
Jim