-   -   losing the leading zero when merging zip+4 postal code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/116017-losing-leading-zero-when-merging-zip-4-postal-code.html)

EMayor

losing the leading zero when merging zip+4 postal code

In my worksheet I have one column with a 5-digit zip code and another column
with the zip+4 code in the format -1234. I use CONCATENATE to join them
together, which works expect in the case of a zip code with a leading zero,
as in 01002-1234. The result comes out as 1002-1234. How can I merge the
cells together without losing the leading zero?

Allllen

losing the leading zero when merging zip+4 postal code

=CONCATENATE(TEXT(A1,"00000"),B1)

--
Allllen