-   -   Convert multiple columns into one long row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/115884-convert-multiple-columns-into-one-long-row.html)

Access Joe

Convert multiple columns into one long row

Hey everyone,

I've done some extensive research and can't figure out how to do the
following:

I have multpiple rows/columns of data that reflect information for one
specific person. For one person, I end up with three-four different rows of
data. What I want to do is take these multiple records and put them all into
one long row for a single patient.

Basically, I want to take a layout like this:

Pt id drug value ldl value hdl
1 12 100 67
1 25 123 65
1 25 123 45
1 2 122 53
2 5 111 34
2 3 112 56
2 33 123 75
3 44 134 78
3 55 154 86
3 66 134 56

and convert it to something like this:

pt id drug value ldl hdl drug ldl hdl
1 12 100 67 25 123 65
2 5 111 34 3 112 56
3 44 134 78 55 154 86

Does anyone have any solutions for me? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Becks

Convert multiple columns into one long row

Probably better off using Access Database and linking tables.