-   -   Can I create a conditional format in a cell using a value from an. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11586-can-i-create-conditional-format-cell-using-value.html)

thrasher

Can I create a conditional format in a cell using a value from an.

I am trying to conditionally format a cell in a column based on a condition
in a different cell in that column. Can this be done?

Dave O

Yes! However, conditional formatting cannot be evaluated based on
cells in different tabs or spreadsheets.

thrasher

How do I do this? I would like a cell in a column to be formatted based on a
condition of a different cell in that column

"Dave O" wrote:

Yes! However, conditional formatting cannot be evaluated based on
cells in different tabs or spreadsheets.

Debra Dalgleish

Select the cell(s) in which you want the conditional formatting
Choose FormatConditional Formatting
From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is
In the formula box, type a formula that refers to the cell you
want to check. For example, if the active cell is in row 2,
and you want to check the value in column A: =$A250
Click the Format button, and select the formatting for the cell
Click OK, click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List