-   -   How do I remove external links from Excel 2000 workbook? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11583-how-do-i-remove-external-links-excel-2000-workbook.html)

mlwest

How do I remove external links from Excel 2000 workbook?

I am trying to remove external links to other workbooks from an Excel 2000
workbook. I have tried the delete links wizard from the MS site, but it did
not work.

Jim Rech

You might open Edit, Links, pick each source file individually and then
click Change Source and point the file to itself.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"mlwest" wrote in message
|I am trying to remove external links to other workbooks from an Excel 2000
| workbook. I have tried the delete links wizard from the MS site, but it
did
| not work.

Dave Peterson

If you're having trouble finding those links, you can use Bill Manville's
FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm