-   -   Use OFFSET and COUNT functions within Named Ranges (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/115425-use-offset-count-functions-within-named-ranges.html)

[email protected]

Use OFFSET and COUNT functions within Named Ranges

I am using the forumla below to prevent my graphs from dropping to
'zero' where data is not yet available over the course of weeks in a
quarter. In the past, the data has been spread across columns in a
single row. Now I have the reverse (data is within a column) and of
course, the formula doesn't retreive the data that I want. Since I'm
not clear on the underlying logic, can someone recommend a way to
'flip' the results I am getting? Thanks.

=OFFSET(Retrieve!$J$17,,,,COUNT(Retrieve!$J$17:$J$ 29))

Biff

Use OFFSET and COUNT functions within Named Ranges

If I understand try this:

=OFFSET(Retrieve!$J$17,,,COUNT(Retrieve!$J$17:$J$2 9))

This defines the HEIGHT where your original formula defined the WIDTH.

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am using the forumla below to prevent my graphs from dropping to
'zero' where data is not yet available over the course of weeks in a
quarter. In the past, the data has been spread across columns in a
single row. Now I have the reverse (data is within a column) and of
course, the formula doesn't retreive the data that I want. Since I'm
not clear on the underlying logic, can someone recommend a way to
'flip' the results I am getting? Thanks.

=OFFSET(Retrieve!$J$17,,,,COUNT(Retrieve!$J$17:$J$ 29))

[email protected]

Use OFFSET and COUNT functions within Named Ranges

Biff wrote:
If I understand try this:

=OFFSET(Retrieve!$J$17,,,COUNT(Retrieve!$J$17:$J$2 9))

This defines the HEIGHT where your original formula defined the WIDTH.

Biff

oups.com...