-   -   Problem Opening An Excel file. - by yk (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11536-problem-opening-excel-file-yk.html)

ilikecy

Problem Opening An Excel file. - by yk

Scenario
========

I have an Active Server Page callled NCPSummDsp.asp, that contains the
following codes.
<%@ Language=VBScript%
<%
Response.Buffer = True
%
when the .ASP file renders into the web browser, the content will be
of microsoft excel. (i.e. We can perform excel functions such as SUM
on the browser).

A problems occurs, when i try to open an Excel file, which has a
different content.

The question is:
1. Why does this occur?Any workaround to prevent this problem from
occuring?
2. Is there a way, instead of opening the excel into a browser, can i
set it to open in the Excel application.

System Specification.
Window Server 2000
Microsoft Excel 2000

Thank You In Advance!!!!!