-   -   Can I create folders in explorer from an excel list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/115313-can-i-create-folders-explorer-excel-list.html)

njmcr

Can I create folders in explorer from an excel list

I have a list in excel of names each of which need a folder created in
exlorer. Is there a way to do this? Can't find anything relevant in Help

Gary''s Student

Can I create folders in explorer from an excel list

Let's say the list of names is in column B in B1 thru B100. In column A
enter mkdir in cells A1 thru A100.

Save the file as a text file with the name:
x.bat
Then just double-click the resulting icon.
--
Gary's Student

"njmcr" wrote:

I have a list in excel of names each of which need a folder created in
exlorer. Is there a way to do this? Can't find anything relevant in Help

njmcr

Can I create folders in explorer from an excel list

Thanks for the reply.. just a question tho.. what file do I save as x.bat?
the excel spreadsheet? Sorry... I need real 'for non technical person'
instructions

"njmcr" wrote:

I have a list in excel of names each of which need a folder created in
exlorer. Is there a way to do this? Can't find anything relevant in Help

njmcr

Can I create folders in explorer from an excel list

right I actually have the MS DOS Batch file on my desk top now... how do I
see the folders in explorer?? Sorry for the simply questions...

"njmcr" wrote:

I have a list in excel of names each of which need a folder created in
exlorer. Is there a way to do this? Can't find anything relevant in Help

Gary''s Student

Can I create folders in explorer from an excel list

Don't be concerned about asking simple questions.

If you see the batch file on your desktop, double-click it. The batch file
should then execute and generate a set of folders ( probably also on your
desktop). You can then use Windows Explorer to display the Desktop and the
folders should be visible.
--
Gary''s Student

"njmcr" wrote:

I have a list in excel of names each of which need a folder created in
exlorer. Is there a way to do this? Can't find anything relevant in Help

Mezzie

This works brilliantly with single file names. Do you know how I can adjust the formula to accept file names with a "space"? ie Nathan Black

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary''s Student (Post 392878)