-   -   Problem opening excel file with links (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/115290-problem-opening-excel-file-links.html)

Abdul Malik

Problem opening excel file with links

Hi,

I have a user who encounter the following problems when opening Excel 2000
file with links. When the user opens the file, a File Open dialog box is
shown asking to select the file the worksheet is link to. The user will have
to click "Cancel" before the file could be open. However, when other user
open the same file, a dialog box showing "update link" or "don't update" is
shown.

Both users are using Excel 2000 and I have reinstall Excel 2000 on the user
with the problem, but the problem still persists. I have tried to search
Microsoft knowledge base, but could not find any answer.

Any advise and help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Malik

JMB

Problem opening excel file with links

Check Tools/Options/Edit - Ask to update links.